This week’s update to our Early Access files is pretty light. We split out information about moving models into its own section of the rulebook to reduce some of the questions about moving and placing models in Godtear. We also made some minor changes to Raith’Marid (for balance) and Sneeki Peet (for clarity). If you were up to date last week and are printing out new cards this week, the only cards you’ll need to update are:
- Sneeki Peet
The rest of your champion’s cards have not changed in this particular update.
Be sure to keep your feedback coming. We’re planning to really dig in to some champion tuning next week based on our continued testing as well as the feedback we’re getting from all of you!
The big addition this week is the new scenario, Quest. We’ve been having a lot of fun with this scenario in our internal testing, and we hope that you’ll enjoy it as well. Our goal is for each scenario to provide its own unique puzzle for players to solve, where even the same warband match-up will play out very differently from scenario to scenario.
Quest asks players to aggressively fight for their opponent’s side of the battlefield, staking their banners in forward positions to capture new lands. Will you defend your own side of the battlefield against all comers (gaining cull and conquer steps on the battle ladder in the process), aggressively take over your opponent’s side of the battlefield (gaining claim and capture steps), or a little bit of both?
This week, in addition to any other feedback you have, please be sure to let us know:
- Are the rules for the new scenario, Quest, clear?
- What are your current thoughts on the four classes of champion?
- Do you have a favorite class? If so, which one, and why?
- Do you have a least favorite class? If so, which one, and why?
- In each of your test games, how many steps were scored for cull (follower knockouts), conquer (champion knockouts), claim (banner placement), and capture (banners in the end phase)?
- What are your top 3 balance recommendations at this point in the game’s development?
Thanks, and have fun!