USEFUL INFORMATION FOR THOSE ATTENDING STEAMCON
Headingley Carnegie Stadium
St Michael's Lane
Travel to the Venue
From M1 South and the M62 East and West From the South leave the M1 at Junction 43 to take the M621 as far as Junction 2. From the M62 West leave at Junction 27 to take the M621 as far as Junction 2. From the M62 East leave at Junction29 to join the M1 From the M62 East leave at Junction29 to join the M1 Northbound to take the M621 as far as Junction 2.
At Junction 2 of the M621 follow the signs for Headingley stadium along the A643. These signs will lead you along the Leeds Inner Ring Road A58 to the A660 which is signposted to Skipton and Headingley Stadium. Signs along this road will indicate you have reached the Headingley area and on Test Match and One Day International days additional temporary signage will direct you to the Park & Ride car park north of Headingley at Beckett Park.
Leeds City Station
Headingley Cricket Ground is around a 10-15 minute drive from Leeds City Station. A taxi should cost around £8-£10.
Headingley Station is on the Harrogate Line and is a 10 minute walk from the ground. Please note that the initial part of this walk is slightly uphill. Trains run half-hourly from Leeds City Station and should take around 12 minutes.
Burley Park Station
Burley Park Station is also on the Harrogate Line and is a five minute walk from the ground. Trains run half hourly and should take around five minutes. If travelling from Leeds City Station this is your recommended station to use.
For Kirkstall Lane (stops outside the stadium)
- Services 19 and 19A run to and from Leeds City Centre – stops S10 outside Leeds Rail Station and Stand D on Infirmary Street. From Leeds the stadium is 2 minutes before Headingley Eden Drive.
- Service 56 runs to and from Leeds City Centre – stops G9 on Eastgate and J1 on Albion Street. From Leeds the stadium is 2 minutes before Eden Drive.
- Service 38 runs to and from Moortown and Wortley. The stadium is halfway between Kirkstall Sports Centre and Shaw Lane.
- Service 91 runs to and from Bramley, Chapel Allerton, Harehills and Pudsey.
For Cardigan Road (stops close to the stadium)
- Services 19 and 19A run to and from Leeds City Centre – stops S10 outside Leeds Rail Station and Stand D on Infirmary Street.
- Service 56 runs to and from Leeds City Centre – stops G9 Eastgate and J1 Albion Street.
For Headingley Lane/Otley Road (the Arndale Centre – 10 minutes walk to the stadium)
- Services 1, 6, 28, and 97 from and to Leeds City Centre
- Service X84 from and to Otley, Ilkley and Skipton.
For Kirkstall Lights – junction of Kirkstall Lane, Abbey Road, Commercial Road and Bridge Road (a 15 minute walk uphill along Kirkstall Lane to the stadium)
- Services 33 33A from and to Leeds City Centre
- Service 508 from and to Halifax
- Service 670 671 from and to Bradford
- Service 757 from and to Leeds Bradford International Airport
- Service 760 from and to Shipley and Keighley.
TRAVELLING VIA TAXI?
The Headingley Experience have an offer with UBER - ”Why not get your first journey free with UBER when you download the app and use the promo code YCCC16.”
There are numerous hotels in the centre of Leeds, as well as the limited rooms available on site for the event. Here are some suggestions.
Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre
- Cavendish Street, Kirkstall Rd, Leeds, LS3 1LY, 0871 902 1616
- Rooms start from £48 per person per night
Radisson Blu Hotel Leeds
- The Light, 1 The Light, The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 8TL, 0113 236 6000
- Rooms start from £71 per person per night
Premier Inn Leeds City centre
- Hepworth Point, Clay Pit Ln, Leeds, LS2 8BQ, 0871 527 9356
- Rooms start from £67 per person per night
Double Tree by Hilton Leeds City Centre
- Granary Wharf, 2 Wharf Approach, Leeds, LS1 4BR, 0113 241 1000
- Rooms start from £55 per person per night
Hotel Novotel Leeds City Centre
- 4 Whitehall Quay, Leeds, LS1 4HR, 0113 396 9001
- Rooms start from £57 per person per night
Hotel Ibis Leeds City Centre
- 23 Marlborough St, Leeds, LS1 4PB, 0113 396 9000
- Prices start from £29 per person per night
The Butlers Hotel
- 40-43 Cardigan Rd, Leeds, LS6 3AG, 0113 274 4755
- Rooms start from £49 per person per night
The Boundary Hotel
- 40-42 Cardigan Rd, Leeds, LS6 3AG, 0113 275 7700
- Prices start from £40 per person per night